InZinc Mining Ltd. has the option to acquire a 100% interest in the Indy zinc project located in central British Columbia. The 2018 drill program at Indy discovered shallow, high grade mineralization. Results from the 11-hole drill program (1271m drilled) identified a new zone of near surface mineralization called the B-9 zone, which remains open for further exploration.
The geological characteristics of the B-9 zone are analogous to a distinctive geological setting, termed vent-proximal, within a sedimentary hosted exhalative (Sedex) type depositional environment. Sedex type zinc deposits occur as clusters on a district scale and only within specific ages of sedimentary rock formations. The key features common to the large and well-known western Canadian Sedex zinc deposits are present at Indy.
Three large soil geochemical anomalies with an aggregate length of 3.2km occur on the property. Drilling at the B-9 zone (a 270m long portion of Anomaly B) indicates that soil geochemistry is a cost-effective method of targeting sub-surface mineralization. Anomalies C and D remain to be tested by drilling.
Indy is located 100km southeast of the city of Prince George, British Columbia, the major hub for transportation and heavy industry in central British Columbia. Indy is readily accessible by road from Prince George and is located 85km south of the Canadian National Railway.
B-9 Zone 2018 Drilling – Selected Highlights (see details in news release 2018-07)
- 12.33% Zn, 2.98% Pb, and 24.46 g/t Ag (14.98% ZnEq) over 6.29m at 60m below surface
- 5.76% Zn, 0.48% Pb and 3.41 g/t Ag (6.18% ZnEq) over 6.73m at 56m below surface
- 4.49% Zn, 1.13% Pb and 7.32 g/t Ag (5.46% ZnEq) over 4.28m at 27m below surface
- 2.24% Zn, 0.83% Pb and 5.23 g/t Ag (2.95% ZnEq) over 5.38m at 33m below surface
- 3.50% Zn, 0.66% Pb and 4.59 g/t Ag (4.07% ZnEq) over 4.57m at 37m below surface
Hole IB18-003 (low core recovery)
- 9.26% Zn, 2.43% Pb and 17.98 g/t Ag (11.38% ZnEq) over 3.05m at 23m below surface
- 3.88% Zn, 1.34% Pb and 8.90 g/t Ag (5.03% ZnEq) over 3.99m at 29m below surface
Note: True widths are unknown. The intersections in IB18-002 are separated by lost core/no recovery. ZnEq calculation: metallurgical studies have not been completed and assumes 100% metallurgical recovery using Zn prices at $1.10/lb., Pb at $.80/lb. and Ag at $15/oz – all $US.